Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blogging and Brewing

So for starters, I'm a 26 year old aspiring brewer. I currently work at The Brewer's Apprentice in Freehold, NJ. I've been home brewing for about 4 years now. I brew All-Grain 5 to 10 gallon batches. I'm not really good at this whole blog thing, but I figured what the hell, I'll give it a try!

Right now I have a 3.5% Brown Ale fermenting and a Mild/Bitter on tap. I recently had a couple of Citra IPAs so I think that will be my next brew, I really love the aroma of the hop.
For the recipe I was thinking:
 9.50 lb Pale Ale Malt
1.75 lb Munich Malt
1.00 lb Caramunich Malt
1.00 lb Honey Malt
.75oz Citra (60)
1.0oz Citra (20)
1.0oz Citra (10)
1.0oz Citra (5)
2.0oz Citra (Dry Hop 7days)
US-05 for the yeast
Should hopefully brew this next Tuesday or Friday.

This Saturday evening I'm attending the 1st annual International Great Beer Fest @ the Meadowlands Expo center, Thanks to my Friend Mike from New Jersey Craft Beer.com. Should be fun, North Coast Brewing will be there so I'm pumped for that, along with many other great breweries. I'll bring my camera and take some pics to post. Also pumped about this years AC Beer Fest, I'll be attending the Friday session in hopes that it isn't super packed full of drunkin college kids that don't care about craft beer.

Not bad for my 1st blog post, I went into this thinking that I wouldn't have much to say, man was I wrong! Look out for my next post about the Int. Great Beer Fest.       Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment