Friday, February 4, 2011

Feeling Witty

While watch TV tonight, the show Drinking Made Easy in particular, I saw a segment where the host was at Philadelphia Brewing Co. The first beer they tried happened to be their Walt Wit(an unfiltered Belgian white ale brewed with grapefruit peel and chamomile). So I was inspired and decided to get into my car and drive to my favorite beer store and get myself a six pack. What a great choice that was! I haven't had this beer in about a year or so, and man did I forget how great of a Wit bier it is. It is not super citrusy like most Wits(ie: hoegarden, and that other one brewed by Coors) Now I'm thinking after the Citra Ipa I will brew a Wit. I might take a note off of Walt Wit and brew it with some other type of citrus peel besides orange. Recipe to follow after some serious brainstorming.

Tomorrow is the Beer Fest at the Meadowlands, maybe there will be some Wits there that will also inspire me to write a great recipe. I'm also curious to see what North Coast Brewing will offer. Hopefully something besides Old Rasputin. Don't get me wrong I love that beer, but I can get it anytime. I want to dabble in their other brews.

If I happen to brew next Friday, it will be my second time using my new brewery item. My sweet Barley Crusher!
Here is a picture of it in action:

Great crush with the factory setting too!

Till next Post!     Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment