Friday, February 25, 2011

Renew and Brew

First thing this morning I headed to the DMV to get my license renewed before the end of the month rush. I was figuring that there would be a ton of people there, but the place was empty. It was the perfect start to my day. After leaving the DMV I headed to the store to pick up the Grapefruit for my brew. Started brewing the "Feelin' Witty" Belgian White Ale around noon.
The Grist(Pale, Wheat, Flaked Wheat, Rice Hulls)

Hop additions, spices, fruit to be zested(grapefruit & clementine)

First Runnings

Gotta have a brew while Brewing!

Nice color & cold break

Gravity was 1.040 which was supposed to be 1.045, so not too shabby. I'm very excited about this batch, I have a good feeling about it. I can't wait till its ready to drink!

I managed to get this Sunday off of work so I think I'm going to brew again. This time I will brew the Citra Ipa, except I'm going to dry hop with 2oz of whole leaf Simcoe hops that I received from a fellow home brew club member! I also took some video of today's brew, I'll post that when I have a chance to edit it and such.
Prost!


No comments:

Post a Comment